URL-based Scheduling is only available to TimeZest subscribers on the TimeZest Advanced and TimeZest Professional plans.
There are now two ways you can schedule appointments using TimeZest:
- By creating a scheduling request in the TimeZest pod, which causes TimeZest to send an email to the client, which includes a URL specifically for that scheduling request. Clicking the link allows the client to schedule an appointment for that scheduling request.
- By having the client visit a specific URL, which contains details of the appointment type, resource to be scheduled, and the related ConnectWise ticket. This is called URL-based scheduling.
The primary use case of URL-based scheduling is to allow the URLs to be included in email templates sent by ConnectWise Manage. This means that, by using workflows, you can automatically send a scheduling request to a client so they can pick a time for an appointment, without any human action required.
Configuring TimeZest for URL-based scheduling is easy. Here's what you'll need to do first:
- Configure a subdomain for your TimeZest account
- Configure URL slugs for members, teams, and appointment types
The first prerequisite to using URL-based scheduling is to configure a subdomain for your TimeZest account. Doing this will mean that clients will visit a domain of your-company.timezest.com instead of the default app.timezest.com domain. This helps strengthen your brand when scheduling with TimeZest, but the important thing this achieves is that TimeZest knows which account to schedule for.
To configure a subdomain, go to Accounts & Billing, where you'll see the subdomain field. Simply choose a value and click Save.
Subdomains are subject to the following restrictions:
- They must be globally unique, so if someone else is using a particular subdomain, it won't be available for another account to use.
- It must only contain letters, numbers and hyphens, and the first character must be a letter.
- It must be at least 3 characters long.
2. URL Slugs
The second prerequisite for URL-based scheduling is defining URL "slugs" for the members, teams, and appointment types you wish to be able to scheduled with a URL. A "slug" is just a short piece of text which can be included in a URL — for example
To set the URL slug for an appointment type, set it in the configuration page for the appointment type.
To set the URL slug for a member, set it in the member's configuration page:
To set the URL slug for a team, set it in the team's configuration page:
All URL slugs must consist of letters, numbers and hyphens only.
Here's a tip: If you set URL slugs for members to be
<lastname> match exactly the values configured for that member in ConnectWise Manage, you can use ConnectWise Manage's variables in its email templates to generate a URL for that member -
[memberfirstname]-[memberlastname] . TimeZest URL slugs are not case sensitive, so variations in capitalisation will not cause problems.
Generating URLs for scheduling
Once you've set a subdomain and URL slugs for members, teams, and appointment types you wish to schedule, you can generate URLs to give to your clients. TimeZest provides an automatic tool to easily generate these URLs, which can be found in the URL-based Scheduling page.
To use the tool, simply select the resource and appointment type you wish to schedule — TimeZest will then display the URL you can use to schedule that combination. Click the icon next to the URL to copy it to the clipboard.
If you're using the URL in a ConnectWise Manage email template, you can simply use it as is — ConnectWise Manage will automatically replace the
[srnumber] placeholder with the ticket number, which TimeZest needs to schedule an appointment.
If you're using the URL somewhere else, you'll need to ensure
[srnumber] is replaced with the relevant ticket number.